So you only have 5 minutes to do your makeup? No problem! I will show you what exact products you need and how to apply them. Give yourself 5 minutes to amp up your morning routine and feel fabulous before you take on the day.
1. Tinted moisturizer or foundation, depending on the level of coverage you need. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free (Available at Macy’s or Sephora. Suggested Retail: $42) or Makeup Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation (Available at Sephora or at Makeup Forever Boutique. Suggested Retail: $40) if you need a bit more coverage then a tinted moisturizer gives.
2. Concealer. Chose a concealer that has a peachy/orange or yellow undertones to cover dark circles. Eve Pearl Dual Salmon Concealer & Treatment (Available at Eve Pearl. Suggested Retail: $37) for under eye and Makeup Forever 5 Camoflage Cream Palette (Available at Sephora or any Makeup Forever Boutique. Suggested Retail: $36) for the face.
3. Cream blush. Tarte Cheek Stain in whatever color you enjoy! I love Blissful or Natural Beauty. Available at Sephora. Suggested Retail: $30.
4. Setting powder. Trish McEvoy Translucent Finishing Powder (Available at Bloomingdales. Suggested retail: $38).
5. An eyeliner to compliment your eye color. Blue eyes: Pick one that has copper/bronze undertones with a slight iridescence like Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes in Pearly Brown 2L or Bronze 10L. Green eyes: pick a brown with a purple undertone like Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes in Shimmering Plum 4L. Brown eyes: Pick a navy/grey shade like M·A·C In The Groove Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Navy Stain. Makeup Forever Liners available at Sephora. Suggested Retail: $18. MAC Liner available at Bloomingdales. Suggested Retail: $15.
6. Lash curler. I recommend Kevyn Aucoin available at Neiman Marcus. Suggested Retail: $21.
7. Waterproof or water resistant mascara. I love Loreal Voluminous available at Target. Suggested Retail: $5.80.
1. Apply tinted moisturizer/foundation to entire face. Use a round stiff brush and apply in a circular motion until blended.
2. Apply concealer under eyes (use the eye concealer for this only), on the sides of your nose, sides of your mouth and cupid’s bow (that area where your lips form a ‘V’ on your top lip). Blend with your ring finger (it applies the perfect amount of pressure).
3. Apply cream blush to cheekbones, lips (yes, lips!) and to your eyelids (with your ring finger, like above). Blend.
4. With a powder brush, apply your chosen setting powder.
5. Run your chosen liner along your upper water line. This is the smooth surface under your upper lashes. This will take some practice! Then extend the liner up into your lash line. With your finger, smudge slightly to buff out the rough line of the liner.
6. Curl lashes by clamping down at the base and then intermittently ‘pump’ down the lash towards the tip.
7. Apply chosen mascara. DONE!
The first few times you do this, it may take more like 10 minutes, but once you are comfortable, you will be able to do it in under 5 minutes- I swear! Enjoy!